So I guess my re-entry into the world of blogging was a little premature. I really did have every intention of posting more often again, but then, as is always the case these days, life happened and…well…..I was busy. Obviously not too busy to put up a new design! 🙂 But still….busy.
Sow what have I been up to? Well…..(you know how I like lists….)
- Just two weeks after my own grandma died, E’s grandmother also passed away, so he flew out to New York to attend her funeral. For about a million reasons, it was a difficult time in the Humble household. I was alone with the kids for three days by myself, which is the longest I’ve been alone with both of them and while no one died and the house didn’t spontaneously combust and I was thankful that he was able to be with his family there, I was also SO GLAD when his black truck pulled into the neighborhood on that last night.
- I finished Sarah Bessey’s newest book, Out of Sorts (which I loved and planned to write more about in the near future). In it, she mentions Phyllis Tickle’s books, The Divine Hours, which are offices for praying the hours. I’ve heard of this practice before (and even wrote a term paper about a book of hours in college) as art history, particularly illuminated manuscripts, is littered with this practice, but I guess I never really understood what it was all about until now. I don’t have a whole lot of time during my days to sit and contemplate God or even talk to him sometimes, so when I picked this up from the library and started praying these fairly short little offices in the morning, at midday, in the evening (vespers), and before I go to bed (compline), I found myself becoming addicted. I’m still doing it after a month and plan on buying each of the volumes. I kind of love it.
- I’m thinking about no longer posting the meal plans here. Does anyone read them? Is anyone interested in them? Does anyone care to find out about our rotation of beets/carrots/spinach each week? 🙂 Let me know in the comments!
- I have a whole “day-in-the-life” post laid out….from September. Can someone please clone me so I have time to do things other than work and mom?
- I also have a whole post written (well….almost a whole post) about what we’re doing for our fall curriculum this year. I’ve been falling so far behind in that due to family things and sicknesses and etc., but fortunately, the Wee Folk Art curriculum is very forgiving and it’s not difficult at all to catch up. I’m also not putting too much pressure on myself since it’s really just a type of “preschool” anyway. I have been doing more research for his kindergarten curriculum next year and I’m getting more excited for that!
- We celebrated our eleventh wedding anniversary yesterday by following our yearly tradition of heading to the golf course where our nuptials took place. It was COLD. Far colder than I remember it ever being and we didn’t stay long. The place never seems to change much other than the foliage in the area getting taller. I like this. It’s easier to picture our younger selves in that same spot than it would be if they installed strobe lights or built a gazebo or something.
The times, they are a-changing, and at the end of this month, I will have at least a little more time on my hands to write here. Hopefully I’ll take advantage of that. 🙂
How’s your fall going?