This Spanish Omelet recipe is one of my go-to meals for a very easy and relatively quick weeknight supper. It also happens to be B’s favorite dish, so it’s a win-win situation! 🙂
- In a cast iron skillet (or other oven-safe pan), melt the ghee and fry the potatoes until golden — about 15 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the pan and add the onions to the ghee (adding more if needed), frying until translucent — about 5 minutes.
- While the onions are frying, whisk the eggs with with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Return the potatoes to the pan with the onions, then add the egg mixture and continue cooking for about five minutes.
- Stick the pan in a 350 degree preheated oven and bake for 5 - 10 minutes – just until the egg sets.
- Serve immediately.