The visual share this week (click through to see it for those reading via mobile, RSS, or email) is a trailer for the upcoming movie Cloud Atlas and looks amazing (and is the first movie I’ve really started to look forward to in a long time). Of course, using M83’s epic song, Outro, doesn’t hurt either. I’d watch the video just to hear that.
Here are links around the internets that caught my eye this week for your leisurely weekend.
- Why I love sleeping with my toddler – I think I have to pretty much agree with everything she says here. When I first started looking at Montessori, I did wonder how it would fit into our style of parenting as, in some respects, it seemed a little cold and detached. But then I found this quote from Maria Montessori: “Children are human beings to whom respect is due, superior to us by reason of their innocence and of the greater possibilities of their future.” I love this.
- The Stuff of Families – “The more objects attached to the front of a family’s refrigerator, the more objects per square foot in the house overall. “ That’s kind of interesting….as we’ve been decluttering, our fridge door has definitely been less covered (though the side of it has quite a bit on it still…I wonder what that says about us). And when I think about people I know, this theory definitely fits.
- The Best Of The Internet’s Reaction To The Mars Rover Landing – We stayed up to watch Curiosity land (well…E got to see it…I had to go in to put a little boy back to sleep just before it hit Mars) and it’s been interesting to see the reactions on the internets. My favorite is probably #7.
- Cooperative art. – I love this whole idea! A homeschooling collaborative mosaic with the theme of stone soup. Fitting on so many levels.
- Is starch a beneficial nutrient or a toxin? – Another one from Chris Kesser. Makes me a little more comfortable in my stance of not getting rid of potatoes completely.