Here are some links around the internets that caught my eye this week for your leisurely weekend.
- $4,000 Memorial Day Giveaway – Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations is having an awesome Memorial Day giveaway including half a cow from US Wellness Meats and several items from Le Creuset!
- How to have Great, Healthy Abs without the “Crunch” – I shunned working out for quite a while after B was born as I learned more about traditional foods and, well, because I hate working out. But recently I’ve been thinking about starting up something simple like pilates or yoga and this article pushes me a little more in that direction.
- How Does Pork Prepared in Various Ways Affect the Blood – In preparation for this month’s cook day, I’ve been looking up more information on pork preparation and found this article to be educational. I’m planning on marinating the pork chops and roasts for 24 hours before I cook them now.
- Are Mason Jar Ferments Safe? – I’ve seen a few hints about this in the last few days from various blogs…what a way to rock the real food world by telling us that our beloved “pets” can’t grow in our beloved mason jars! I’ve really wanted to get a Pickl-It, but never thought it was necessary. This post puts the controversy to rest.
- From Breasts to Boobs and Back Again. This has to be my favorite public response, so far, written about the Time breastfeeding issue. I love his point, “Let’s remember that the child is 3. Don’t forget how little 3 year olds are.” In a society that produces tiny, pink pants that say “Juicy” on the rear-end for 9-year-old girls, I think the concept of how little little kids actually are is probably a difficult one to grasp. But that doesn’t make it any less true.
Sidenote: I’ve been posting on my personal Facebook wall with updates to this site but I finally got around to making a Facebook page for the blog specifically, so I’ll be posting there. If you’d like to be notified of new posts, you can Like it on Facebook or subscribe to the RSS feed.