We tried two new recipes last week: one pan honey garlic chicken and veggies and sausage, peppers, and onions. Both of them were extremely easy and fairly fast, which are like the holy grail of week-day supper recipes for me.
I made some modifications to the chicken and veggies as I accidentally only got one pound of chicken breasts (because my brain was eaten by babies) and I used frozen broccoli, but we thought it wasn’t bad overall. I’ll probably try it again with at least fresh broccoli and maybe 1.5 lbs of chicken just to save a little money. The sausage, peppers, and onions were a huge hit and that will definitely be going into the rotation! And the kids and I also made blueberry muffins one afternoon and those were also a success, so overall, I guess it was a good food week. 🙂
I’m going to include links to the recipes that are available online, otherwise I’ll include links to the resource where I got the recipe. Here’s this week:
- Monday – Denver scramble, sautéed spinach
- Tuesday – roasted chicken thighs, roasted carrots and beets
- Wednesday – Italian meatloaf, sautéed cherry tomatoes (ATK)
- Thursday – sausage and potato casserole, salad with Italian dressing (BTAB)
- Friday – salmon cakes (PP), sweet potato bites, salad
- Saturday – steak, rosemary potatoes (NT), salad
- Sunday – out
I also use Plan to Eat to keep track of recipes, make my meal plan, and generate grocery lists. It’s a fantastic little tool and I think meal planning would be a LOT more work without it!