I’m going with easier dishes this week since Thursday is going to be a LOT of work….but worth it! We’re having some friends over and I’m a wee bit nervous as I’ve never roasted a bird larger than five pounds (E normally grills our turkeys, but since we got a larger bird this year, we decided to roast it). The recipe I have (see below) calls for a 13.5-hour roasting time which will probably make for a very tasty and moist turkey, but also a very sleepy me. Still! I’d like my first Thanksgiving meal with a real, full turkey to be a success.
I’m going to include links to the recipes that are available online, otherwise I’ll include links to the resource where I got the recipe. Here’s this week:
- Monday – Spanish omelet, peppers and onions
- Tuesday – Swedish meatballs, roasted carrots and beets
- Wednesday – out
- Thursday – slow-roasted turkey with herb butter, cranberry relish (G), mashed potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, grain-free gravy, grain-free pumpkin pie, pan-roasted green beans with shallots (ATK) (and our guests are bringing egg nog and grain-free stuffing)
- Friday – turkey and yam hash with fresh sage (from the old Nourished Kitchen meal plans), fried eggs
- Saturday – out
- Sunday – chicken wings with carrots and blue cheese, kale chips
I also use Plan to Eat to keep track of recipes, make my meal plan, and generate grocery lists. It’s a fantastic little tool and I think meal planning would be a LOT more work without it! If you’ve been thinking about signing up for Plan to Eat, you can take advantage of their Black Friday sale coming up next week when they offer yearly subscriptions for $20 instead of $40. This is when I always renew my subscription. 🙂
Linked on Menu Plan Monday.
Please know that if you make a purchase using some of the links on this page, I may earn a commission and I am very grateful for your support of this site. Thank you!