Life definitely has a way of throwing curve balls at you and I feel like E and I have been on the receiving end of a batting cage machine gone crazy this year. Last week’s pitch came in the form of a lay-off for E from the job he’s had for the last ten years. We’re still in a daze to a certain extent. Still reeling from the shock of it. But we’re hopeful, too, that maybe God has something better for us planned. We shall see what the future brings. I may write more about this in coming days….it’s still so fresh and incredibly painful, though. And I don’t know that I want to be melodramatic about it. This is our fourth lay-off experience (my fifth overall) and it should be old hat by now, right?
I’m hoping meal plans don’t look too different. We agreed that we don’t want to compromise on food after having to reduce our budget, and so we won’t. But I’m sure there will be a lot of repetition as I’ll be making the cheapest meals in my rotation.
I’m going to include links to the recipes that are available online, otherwise I’ll include links to the resource where I got the recipe. Here’s this week:
- Monday – hazelnut and almond flour fish sticks (from the old Nourished Kitchen meal plans), sautéed spinach, sautéed mushrooms
- Tuesday – tacos, salad with Mexican dressing (NT)
- Wednesday – primal chicken pot pie muffins, braised green beans (ATK)
- Thursday – Spanish omelet, roasted carrots (from the old Nourished Kitchen meal plans)
- Friday – steak, new potato salad with dill (from the old Nourished Kitchen meal plans)
- Saturday – out (yes, we still budget for eating out but it’ll definitely be cheap!)
- Sunday – spice-rubbed chicken thighs (MAAC), roasted beets (from the old Nourished Kitchen meal plans)
- Dessert – none
- Ferment – kombucha
- Stock – finishing up the last of the chicken stock I started last week
You can see my master list of recipes that are currently in rotation here, a list of places where I buy my food here, and a guide for buying kitchen equipment here. I also use Plan to Eat to keep track of recipes, make my meal plan, and generate grocery lists. It’s a fantastic little tool and I think meal planning would be a LOT more work without it!
Like the recipes I find? Follow my food board on Pinterest!
Linked on Menu Plan Monday.
Please know that if you make a purchase using some of the links on this page, I may earn a commission and I am very grateful for your support of this site. Thank you!