So B turned four last week and the end of the world did not come. I have to admit that I sniffled a few times…for some reason, this birthday is hitting me hard. It may be because 3 is still kind of, sort of a baby in my mind and 4 is definitely a little boy. It may be because I now have a little girl to compare him to and realize that he’s definitely not as small as he used to be. Where is the time going? I know it’s such a cliché, but I feel it so acutely right now.
I kind of miss my baby boy.
At the same time, I love who he is becoming. I love his little personality coming out more and more each day. I really, really love who he is and I’m so thankful I can say that. When we were in our birth class before he was born, we were asked to go around the room and tell everyone what our biggest fear was. Mine was that I was going to give birth to a sixteen-year-old and have absolutely no idea how to handle him. But who I see he is now is giving me hope for the future!
I’m going to include links to the recipes that are available online, otherwise I’ll include links to the resource where I got the recipe. Here’s this week:
- Monday – shepherd’s pie (WC), salad
- Tuesday – roasted chicken thighs (with the spice rub recipe from MAAC), roasted carrots and beets (from the old Nourished Kitchen meal plans)
- Wednesday – tomato-basil baked ramekin eggs (BR), peppers and onions
- Thursday – potato soup, salad
- Friday – bratwurst, pan-braised green beans (ATK)
- Saturday – out
- Sunday – grilled steaks, grilled asparagus (E is taking over making meals on Sunday so I have no recipes for these – he likes to cook on the fly!)
I also use Plan to Eat to keep track of recipes, make my meal plan, and generate grocery lists. It’s a fantastic little tool and I think meal planning would be a LOT more work without it!
Like the recipes I find? Follow my food board on Pinterest!
Linked at Menu Plan Monday
Please know that if you make a purchase using some of the links on this page, I may earn a commission and I am very grateful for your support of this site. Thank you!