I should be asleep right now…or at least attempting it. But I have a hard time shutting the light off at night when E is gone and so here I am, writing a blog post. Lucky you!
I haven’t done bullet points in a while, so I decided it was high time to do a state of the Reb post. Because I’m that important…that I get a “the” in front of my name. 🙂
- E is out of town this week and next week and what feels like the entire month of April. No, it’s not actually the entire month (which he pointed out to me when I bemoaned his absence on Facebook), but it feels that way. Honestly, it really has been fine so far, other than just being a little worn out. The new job and taking care of B does make the days go by faster, though. I have to admit that.
- Speaking of the new job…I’m a little less than two weeks into my new virtual assistant position and I’m really, really liking it so far. Really. I love this line of work. I also love Freshbooks.
- As I’ve gotten further into the work, I’ve also gotten further into straightening up my web presence. I managed to snag humbleplaces.com back in January when the last owner let it lapse (I was also approached by someone wanting to sell humbleplace.com….for $1700….a few days after that – no thanks), so I’ve been slowly (very, very, very slowly) moving the photography site over there and will eventually forward the old URL. I also moved my VA page there and dressed it up a little. It’s kind of exciting. 🙂
- We paid E’s truck off yesterday so we’re debt-free other than the house now. After a very official Facebook poll this morning, I think we’ve decided to put the extra money into savings for a down payment on a new house rather than hacking away at our current mortgage. Money in the bank is a good thing!
- The picture above is from a baby shower for a lovely, dear, and beautiful friend this past Saturday who is expected to pop any day now with her second daughter. This was the first shower I’ve ever had a large part in planning and I enjoyed it, even if we ended up having a blizzard the day of and nearly no one showed up. 🙂 I think she enjoyed it and that was the most important part to me.
- Why does it always feel like there’s more to write about than there actually is?
- Ah well.
Have a lovely end to your week!