I have a tendency of posting random things that we’re going to try or do or make or whatever before they disappear into oblivion, never to be heard from again. As such, I’m going to try and post updates to these things periodically so you can see how flaky I can be. 🙂
- Container Garden – We had hail about a month ago that shredded my poor container garden. The tomatoes were all scarred up, though still edible. The nasturtium is still trying to recover, but I don’t have high hopes especially with how hot it’s been. The basil and parsley were a little abused, but both are making a good comeback. I don’t even think the lavender had a fighting chance to begin with, but the sweet william is gorgeous. Unfortunately, the bee’s friend died due to the heat, and I think the 4 o’clock is done too. But at least I’ve kept some of them alive! I also was able to use some compost from our worm bin, which made me feel like maybe the worm bin wasn’t such a waste. 🙂
- Once A Month Cooking (May & June) – I didn’t do either of these! I know…I’m lame. I think the idea of the cook day really just hasn’t appealed to me, even though the idea of having pre-made meals in the freezer does. I may start doing what I used to do which was freeze the meals as I make them. This just sounds a lot easier to me.
- Death of the Corolla – The Corolla is still sitting in front of our house and we still haven’t found a replacement truck for E. We actually contacted our insurance company about possibly getting it repaired after the flooding a few weeks back, but it was just under our deductible so we opted not to do it. E contacted a local homeless shelter to donate it, which will hopefully be soon. I say hopefully, but part of me is really, really sad about losing the Corolla. E drove out here in that car ten years ago, we came home from our wedding in it, and it carried B home the first time. E keeps telling me it’s just a car, but I can’t helped but to have grown attached.
- No Spend Month – HAH! That’s really all there is to say about that. We did spend less money last month and, I think, learned a little. But it definitely wasn’t a no-spend month. Rachel at Small Notebook is doing another No Spend Month this year during July and she is far more inspiring than I am in this area. 🙂
- Camping – We didn’t end up going a few weeks back as we had planned. I chickened out at the last minute and our weekends have been full ever since so we haven’t had another chance to think about it. Hopefully we’ll at least give it a shot at some point this summer.
- Summer Reading – I’m still making my way through The Book Thief and I’m actually really enjoying it, despite its main theme of sadness. I wish audiobooks were faster, though!
And there you have my updates. I was hoping that writing about a lot of these things in a blog would keep me a little more accountable in actually doing them, but apparently that doesn’t work. 🙂 Hopefully I’ll get better as time goes by.