This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
I’m doing some blog housekeeping these days and finally switched my feed back to the default WordPress feed. If you’re subscribed through Feedburner, please change your subscription to the default one at https://ahumbleplace.com/feed/. Feedburner hasn’t been supported in several years…I’m behind the times.
Also, for those who follow through RSS or email, would it be helpful if I offered a “food only” option where you only receive updates related to food (specifically, recipes and meal plans)? I hate to clutter inboxes, so I thought I’d put that out there. 🙂
Last week included our anniversary, a box of “new” clothes, and the latest issue of Soul Gardening in the mailbox. I absolutely love this (free!) little journal and highly recommend it for mothers (Catholic or otherwise!) desiring to find beauty and connection with God in the day-to-day work of raising little ones and caring for their families. Honestly, they put it far more eloquently than I can with their mission statement:
Soul Gardening is a journal written by mothers, for mothers, designed to offer tangible encouragement and community as we respond to the call to grow in holiness and simplicity. Published under the patronage of Our Lady of Nazareth, our purpose is to express the beauty of this vocation, the heaven to be found in even the diapers and the dishes, and the power in making our days a living prayer.
If you get the latest issue, check out the recipe section where you’ll find a little contribution from me. 🙂
I’m going to include links to the recipes that are available online, otherwise I’ll include links to the resource where I got the recipe. Here’s this week:
- Monday – sausage and leek egg casserole, braised spinach
- Tuesday – Italian meatloaf (never got to this last week), autumn salad with maple-cider vinaigrette (from the old Nourished Kitchen meal plans)
- Wednesday – out
- Thursday – lemon basil chicken drumsticks, roasted beet salad with cumin and orange (from the old Nourished Kitchen meal plans)
- Friday – baked cod with cream and bay leaves (ITC), roasted carrots with parsley butter
- Saturday – out
- Sunday – chicken wings, french fries
- Dessert – paleo pumpkin crumble bars
- Ferments – yogurt, kombucha, sweet orange ginger carrots
- Stock – chicken
I also use Plan to Eat to keep track of recipes, make my meal plan, and generate grocery lists. It’s a fantastic little tool and I think meal planning would be a LOT more work without it!
Linked on Menu Plan Monday.
Please know that if you make a purchase using some of the links on this page, I may earn a commission and I am very grateful for your support of this site. Thank you!