I have to confess that I did not harvest any links this week for your weekend reading pleasure. 😐 I’m sorry….I’m a bad blog hostess. Instead, I offer up a humble little recipe for you that I made last night and that I thought turned out quite well. 🙂
Simple Garlic Chicken Soup
- 2 tablespoons
medium onionpeeled and chopped
- 8 cloves
garlicpeeled and minced
stalk of celerychopped
- 3 cups
medium potatopeeled, and cut up into ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup
carrotspeeled and chopped
- 1 cup or whatever you happen to have on hand cooked
- dried thyme to taste
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and saute the onions, garlic, and celery for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock, potatoes, carrots, and shredded chicken and bring to a boil.
- Add the thyme, pepper, and salt.
- Simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Serve hot!
Linked at Fill Those Jars Friday.