This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases through them as well.
I have to confess that I did not harvest any links this week for your weekend reading pleasure. 😐 I’m sorry….I’m a bad blog hostess. Instead, I offer up a humble little recipe for you that I made last night and that I thought turned out quite well. 🙂
Simple Garlic Chicken Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion peeled and chopped
- 8 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 stalk of celery chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium potato washed peeled, and cut up into ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 cup or whatever you happen to have on hand cooked chicken meat shredded
- dried thyme to taste
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pepper to taste
Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and saute the onions, garlic, and celery for 5 minutes.
Pour in the chicken stock, potatoes, carrots, and shredded chicken and bring to a boil.
Add the thyme, pepper, and salt.
Simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
Adapted from Nourishing Traditions
Linked at Fill Those Jars Friday.